Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Power of Me

I have to tell you that today is one of the roughest days I have had in a long time.

I didn’t want to get out of bed this morning. I didn’t care that I was late. I was just speeding downhill.

I heard a friends voice on my walk to the train station and you I remembered her telling me that I was working everyday for me and son.


I got to work and I was standing at the elevators and thought, “ I am going to have to go on an anti-depressant. As I unpacked my bag, I thought about how I cannot afford another monthly bill and that is all a new medication would be.


I prayed as I filled up my coffee press. The serenity prayer was all I could think of. “Lord help me to accept the things I cannot change, give me the courage to change the things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference.”

As I walked back to my desk, I thought this:

“How would I behave if I knew that I was only X amount of months away from my miracle? Would I act differently? Wouldn’t I be more focused on the victory over my situation instead of this troubling and dark moment. Lastly, I thought that I need to be fully engaged in creating my own miracles and making my own change.”


That’s my new and improved attitude: I am counting down to my miracle. I don’t know when it is going to happen but I want the lift and light that only come from focusing on the goodness of God to permeate my life. That is an attitude I can have every day because my attitude and more importantly my actions are all things I can change.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon.
I tell myself that I am not my mood, but I find I only tell myself that when I am in a funk; when something happens to lift me up...then I am indeed my mood.
Yeah I caught the soap, one handed, still recall like yesterday.
If you like onion try this
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/vice_presidential_handlers