Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Inauguration Is Over

I find it difficult to even articulate my emotions at this moment. How does one stand in a deluge and contemplate a rain drop? My thoughts could fill a sea. In the coming days and weeks, even months and years, it will become clearer what this moment really means. However for now, I have to try and hold it together; not unleash the cry that swells deep in my spirit. A cry for peace, that means you too Israel. A cry for equality and love and justice and righteousness and just some “do right” and everything that we all want and all of it right now! And unlike before, I am not crying alone. My voice is but one in a chorus of Americans. We will be singing as we are working. As I am writing to my complacent congressman, my useless state senator and my unknown judges. That cry has to be tempered into daily speech and widdeled down to choice splinters of truth that I carefully administer in my discussion and actions. For today, is the culmination of something that I felt months ago and my ancestors prayed for year after year. Right now, I am just thankful.

No comments: