Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Bus of Love

A watched pot never boils and sometimes I think that I will never get married. Here is an effort to put my situation in perspective.

I decided to count the time in months or years between relationships. I discovered, on average, there is usually a 4 month gap between relationships/flings/boring dinners.
Kind of like when you wait for the bus; it helps to know when the next one is coming (at least I hope I will be).

And I think the same is true for not taking every ride that comes your way. When I was looking for the "C" Bus why did I get on the "L"? I can't begin to tell you how many "L"s I have taken. Traveling back to the Emotional Readiness Stop every 4 months is just not cute. How many good trips did I miss out on because I was walking back from some place that I shouldn't have been? Makes me wonder.

No comments: